This week, Google announced the launch of its Android Enterprise Recommended, a Google-led program that sets a new standard of excellence for enterprise devices and services. Today, Motorola proudly joins that program with the validation of its moto z2 force edition and moto x4.
Establishing best practices and common requirements, Android Enterprise Recommended is backed by a rigorous testing process to ensure devices and services meet higher specifications for hardware, deployment, security and user experience to help organizations handle the most challenging and diverse business environments. In the first phase of this program, Google will support leading device makers and mobile carriers to help meet the specifications.
Some of these validated specifications include:
- Minimum hardware specifications for Android 7.0+ devices
- Support for bulk device enrollment of Android devices including zero-touch
- Delivery of Android security updates within 90 days of release from Google, for a minimum of two years
- Availability of unlocked devices, to support global deployments
Limiting of default system apps within the android work profile and on managed devices
- The full list of Android Enterprise Recommended requirements can be found here
Motorola has always incorporated the best of what Android has to offer. The powerful combination of Android and Moto Experiences has been a mainstay of the franchise, offering a uniquely intuitive user experience that is highly valued.
Here at Motorola, we’re thrilled to be among those selected for a program that aims to simplify the decisions made around enterprise devices and services in order to make sure our consumers spend less time making these decisions and focus on the work that really needs to get done.