Six months ago, we took a stand against incremental innovation with our Moto Z family of smartphones and Moto Mods™ – and we’ve never looked back. Since announcing our developer program in June, more than 250 companies and developers have started working with our Moto Mod Development Kit. We’ve also received more than 360 submissions worldwide to participate in our collaboration with Indiegogo, which helps developers raise money and provides support to bring their ideas for future Moto Mods to life.
And we’re not stopping there. From new releases available today (see below) to 24-hour hackathons, we’re bringing you even more ways to innovate and customize with Moto.
NEW: Incipio Vehicle Dock
The Incipio Vehicle Dock Moto Mod is perfect for on-the-go folks looking for a more efficient way to get from point A to point B. It offers hands-free navigation and calling, audio integration and fast charging without the need to constantly connect and disconnect wires. Essentially, it’s the best co-pilot you’ve ever had. Features include:
- Magnetic phone mount: Your phone is securely held in place by magnets, and ejects just as quickly with easy-release levers.
- Hassle-free setup: The vehicle dock secures to the air vent and connects to your car’s audio system via Bluetooth – or connect an auxiliary cable to the 3.5mm jack on the dock.
- Android Auto™ capability: Android Auto provides a simple and intuitive interface and powerful new voice actions. Make phone calls, or send and receive messages while keeping your hands on the wheel.
- 15W fast charging: Built-in support for up to 15W fast charging means a 10-minute car ride can add hours of power to your day.*
NEW: mophie juice pack
Great for any phone addict who is always running low on battery life, the mophie juice pack Moto Mod features:
- Extended battery: This fast-charging juice pack instantly gives your phone 60 percent more battery life.
- Charges separately: A built-in USB-C connector allows you to fast-charge your juice pack even when it’s not attached to your phone so you’ll have a full battery waiting whenever you need to power up.
- Efficiency mode: Use this Moto Mod’s efficiency mode, which helps you get up to 25 percent more battery life. It communicates with your phone and automatically starts charging when
efficiency is at its peak.
In the U.S., the Incipio Vehicle Dock is available at Verizon for $64.99 and the mophie juice pack is available at Verizon for $79.99. Check with your local rep for pricing and availability information in other countries.
Moto Mod Hackathons
As previously announced, to support our developer community beyond providing the Moto Mods Development Kit, we’re hosting a series of hackathons to spur innovation. We recently hosted a hackathon in Argentina, in which 25 participants built their own Moto Mod concepts in 24 hours. The first hackathon in the U.S. takes place December 10-11, 2016, in New York – and it’s already at capacity. The next hackathon will be held in San Francisco in January 2017.
Click here for more information about how to attend a hackathon. Winners will have the opportunity to discuss their idea further with industry leaders at Moto HQ in Chicago and will potentially receive seed funding to bring their idea to market.
*Compatible vehicle power adapter and auxiliary cable sold separately. Requires download of Android Auto app from the Google Play™ store.