This holiday season, Motorola has something for every style lover on your list, including an all new Moto X Pure collection designed by the iconic Jonathan Adler. The limited-edition collection features three eye-catching, stylish phones that Jonathan felt captured the spirit of Moto Maker, our online phone design studio.
The collection will be available for pre-order at Motorola.com/JonathanAdler beginning November 24, and will officially go on sale December 3 for $474.99 (32GB). To help round out the rest of your shopping list, we asked Jonathan to share his top holiday gifting tips for the style-obsessed friends and family in your life.
Hey Moto fans, it’s Jonathan Adler here! I’m excited to be collaborating with Motorola. Like them, when I approach design, I encourage self-expression and ignoring the “rules” – and, I’m obsessed with my phone. So, why not embrace more choice when it comes to phone design? We all deserve phones as stylish as we are.
I’m sure many of you are thinking about your holiday gifting, so here are my tips for selecting the perfect gift for the design lover in your life.
- Make it Personal: Give a gift that appeals to everyone’s favorite person: themselves. Even the least vain person in your orbit won’t say no to a cozy baby Alpaca throw with their initials on it. Soft, squishy and luxurious -– what could be better?
- Think Outside the Gift Box: One of the best gifts I give myself every year is a trip to Capri each summer. If you’re gifting a trip, try to find a little something for the recipient to open in advance – our Jet Set candles are available in squillions of scents and locales and provide an olfactory preview of your trip.
- Be Unexpected: I think good gifts are any combination of the following: super thoughtful, super premium or super unique. I love the idea of taking something utilitarian that you use every day and jazzing it up – just like I did with my new designs for Moto X Pure Edition. If it’s going to be in your hand 24/7, might as well make it chic and unique.
- Bow & Go: I strive to make products with packaging that’s as beautiful as what’s inside. Just bow and go; when you’re not spending an eternity wrapping it, you’ll have more time to devour the hors d’oeuvres at a holiday party.
- Give Good Game: I love to give games, and not just because I’m a super competitive person. If the conversation ever starts to lag at a holiday party you can just whip out a game and vanquish your boring seat mate at a round of backgammon.