Moto 360 was designed to be timeless—and that goes for our software, too! Today we are beginning to roll out a new Android Wear update coming to your watch soon. In this update you will find:
- Smart Battery Saving – When your battery hits 15%, your Moto 360 will turn off ambient mode, so you don’t have to remember to.
- Timely Time Checks – Moto 360 will synchronize the time with your phone more often to make sure it is up to the minute.
- User Interface Tweaks – We observed with consumers that there are many times where you want to use your Moto 360 as truly a classic watch—a beautiful way to see the time. A new gesture now lets you see the full watch face without permanently dismissing a notification. Just touch the top of a notification and swipe down. You’ll see the notification again when you have another high priority notification.
- Mood Lighting – Moto 360 will adjust to the lighting of the room while charging, so that it isn’t too bright or too dark.
- Readying the wires for Bluetooth – There are a couple of under-the-hood enhancements that will pave the way for connecting Bluetooth headsets to the watch.
- Bug Squashing – As usual, bugs are squashed to enhance the overall user experience.
We will roll out the new software in phases. Look for the update notification on your watch! You will be prompted to install. To install the update, make sure that you’re connected to your phone with an internet connection and that your watch has at least 80% battery.
Posted by Lally Narwal, Product Marketing