Today, nearly 300 Motorola Mobility employees are venturing out into the community to volunteer at nonprofits throughout Chicago.
Site projects include:
- Back of the Yards – Lara Academy: Building planter boxes, picnic tables and benches, allowing 530 students to enjoy the outdoors when school starts next week!
- Brighton Park – Shields Elementary: Giving ten classrooms a fresh look with a new coat of paint and creating a dozen inspirational murals to breathe new life into the school.
- South Shore – Rebecca K. Crown Center: Working with 30 kindergarteners on science projects and get them excited for the start of school.
- North Lawndale – MLK District Garden: Maintaining the community’s gardens by planting fruit trees and shrubs and building benches and tables.
- Englewood – Hinton Elementary: Creating a more inviting atmosphere with murals throughout the school and making updates to the school grounds.
The day’s activities are part of a robust volunteer program offered by Motorola Mobility Foundation to Motorola’s employees. The Foundation’s mission is to improve people’s lives and communities through technology. We execute our mission through the Team4Good, Motorola’s dedicated employee volunteers who drive philanthropic projects that inspire them.